Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wrapping Up an Era

This is my last post for Editing and Publishing, and I have to say, much to my surprise, I'm going to miss it just a bit.  This class has stretched me in the type of writing I exercise.  I had a blog prior to the beginning of the semester, but I mostly wrote reflective pieces, sort of introspectives.  When writing for this class, I really had to rely on subjects that were more concrete, and think about the audience I was writing for, instead of writing what I wanted and having interested followers read my thoughts.

I have been very envious of fellow classmates to whom this kind of research and writing seems to come easily, although I'm positive their posts are not accomplished with minimal effort. Some of the posts have been very informative, some very entertaining.  Even the names of the blogs have been sheer genious:  "When Drury Gives You Lemmon" & "I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie" are two of my favorites. 

I suppose my favorite post to write was the restaurant review, although I enjoyed writing the film review as well (I just didn't enjoy the film). I found that these two reviews depended on my ability to recall details, so I listened closer, observed more detail, in order to convey to the audience.

I don't think I want to go in to Journalism; but then again, who knows?  When I grow up, I'll decide what I want to be.  By then, maybe something else will have replaced blog writing, and I'll learn a new skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment