Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Progress

Hi, I'm Tammy, and I'm a diabetic.
There, I said it. I'm owning it. I'm also taking charge of it. According to my doctor, my fasting blood sugars should be under 100; that's the goal. This has not happened for me in at least a year. But I am now on modified meds, and this week, I had a funeral for sugar and buried it. Already, I'm seeing the results. My Monday morning level was 160, Tuesday was 150 and today is 140. I've exercised at least 30 min each day since last Thursday, and this has also helped with my general overall feeling of well being. I'm committing to being in bed by 10:30 during the week, and doing at least one productive thing each evening before I share tv time with Keith.
I'm also trying to really analyze what I feed into my mind; is it positive messages or negative? This doesn't mean I'm sticking my head in the sand and being unrealistic. Just the opposite, actually. I'm not listening to messages that make me discontent with the place I'm in. No messages that make me feel my worth is in being younger or more beautiful or having a knight in shining armour to rescue me from life's doldrums. As a former boss used to say- "It's time to pull up your big girl panties" and fight for the abundant life that's out there! You go girl!

1 comment: