Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Blahs

It's cold today. By Ozarks standards, it's REALLY cold. My car thermostat said 5 degrees when I came into work today. In years past, I haven't minded the winter; it seemed a great time to burrow in and pretend to be a bear in the evenings. This year, I feel like that's all I do, and I'm tired of it. Mind you, not tired enough to actually MOVE. I've become a winter slug. I go to work, I sit. I walk to my car, and sit all the way home (which is good; it would be hard to drive standing up). I get home, change my clothes, and sit, til it's time to get up and go lay down in bed.
Something's got to give. I'm beginning to not even be bothered by my inactivity, it's becoming my habit. But I don't want to feel this way much longer. I need a motivation. You know, besides the already present motivators of high blood sugar, high BMI, and the extra 15 lbs around my hips like an inner tube. But try as I might, nothing seems to be the thing that trips my trigger...
Blah.

1 comment:

  1. That's okay though, sometimes you need to regroup. When it gets to bothering you enough you'll jump back in and be ready to go. When you do you'll just take off like a Tammy rocket!

    ReplyDelete